Dyscalculia (or math disability) is an inability to perform simple arithmetic operations. It can be defined even in childhood. These days, dyscalculia suffers from 2.5 to 7 percent of the globe population. Many scientists believe that within the next 20-30 years math disability would be a problem on a global scale.
Math disability is often accompanied by dyslexia – a violation of the ability of reading and writing skills.
Causes of Dyscalculia
Solution of even the simplest arithmetic tasks occurs in the frontal lobes of the cerebral cortex. Children, who suffer from math disability, have a lower than a normal amount of gray matter in areas that are responsible for numerical processing.
Anyway, dyscalculia cannot be considered as a mental aberration. People with math disability syndrome, most often become poets, painters, sculptors.
Symptoms of Math Disability:
– Difficulty with calculations: incomprehension of the meaning of numbers, difficulty learning of mathematical rules.
– Failure to write numbers properly.
– Incomprehension of the multiplication tables.
– Inability to spatial assessment: for example, people with the dyscalculia measure the height of standard room at 80 meters.
– Those who suffer from math disability do not understand often the meaning of mathematical operations: for example, adding 15 and 415, they receive 10 651.
– The inability to identify quickly the number of subjects in the field of view. For example, a person cannot understand that on the table are three books, until he recalculates them one by one.
– Difficulties in counting the time. For example, these people are always late.
But, do not worry, dyscalculia can be cured. In this case, it is important to conduct an adequate course of treatment, aimed at revitalizing of the brain structures.
Dyscalculia No More is a set of special exercises, designed for the treatment of dyscalculia in children. Positive results begin to appear within 30-50 days from the start of classes. The exercises are designed in the form of entertaining game.
The game has several difficulty levels and adaptive mechanism that determine the degree of dyscalculia and select corresponding exercises.
The difficulty of exercises is increased gradually during the course. Over time, your child will learn to recognize numbers and understand their values; he will be able to produce the simple arithmetic operations – subtraction and addition.
The program designed for children aged 4 to 12 years. It is available in six languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Danish and Greek. The program is easy to install and does not require constant parental supervision – your child can study by himself.
Is Dyscalculia No More scam?
You can get the information, listed above, on the DyscalculiaNoMore official site and in some articles on the Internet. But, is this product really good? My answer is – no. This is a scam. And here’s why:
- This game is distributed free of charge
- DyscalculiaNoMore will not help to get rid of dyscalculia. This requires professional help.